Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So I decided to start a gardening blog...

I love gardening. As in, I think about it constantly. When I'm at work, I daydream about my garden. It's pretty bad. At age 29, I seem to be ahead of the curve when it comes to vegetable obsession. My job takes me to a dozen or so folks' homes a day, and I'm always on the lookout for gardens. When I do find one, it's usually at the home of someone over age 60 or so. They are usually quite surprised when I break out into garden talk, being the strapping young lad that I am. OK so I made the second part up, but you should see the look on the old timers' faces when they find that I have more success with turnips or whatever it may be than they do! Perhaps there was a time when it took years and years of experience to nail down successful gardening techniques. Nowadays, with the help of the internet, even young bucks like me can quickly learn how to master gardening skill (or so I like to think).

To be perfectly honest, I probably haven't mastered anything. I'm actually fairly new to gardening. Sure, I've grown tomatoes in pots here and there and had an unsuccessful attempt at a small garden a few years back, but nothing to the extent of what I have now. And that leads me to where I am now: this blog. I love my garden so much that I've decided to share it with the world. I've enjoyed looking at other fellow gardener's blogs and learning from them, so here's to hoping I can help a few folks out myself. LMG

Drew

1 comment:

  1. Hey Drew! I'm also into gardening, at 16... I'll check your blog for updates!

    ReplyDelete