Saturday, March 31, 2012

Melon Trellis

Today I built a trellis for the watermelons and cantaloupes to chillax on once they get going. I busted up an old bean trellis and reused that wood to build a frame.


For the grid I just ripped a couple cedar fence boards I got at Home Depot for $2 and some change apiece. The boards are 6' x 6" so I just cut them into 1" strips. This was a pretty cool project, I just really wish I had a table saw. I did all the cutting with a circular saw and it got the job done, but holy crap did it take forever.


Now if the damn melons would ever sprout we might get somewhere. I love pretty much every part of gardening except waiting on the freaking seeds to sprout.




3 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog by way of pinterest. I love it!! I haven't stopped laughing! I am so excited to garden this year. It's a little tricky in Norther Utah. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here as amber via pinterest love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog.. Def. coming back for tips!!

    ReplyDelete