Saturday, April 7, 2012

2 weeks in....

So other than a few late additions, everything's been in the ground for 2 weeks now. They're starting to get a little personality. When a plant starts to grow it becomes one of two types. It can decide to be a Bruce Willis or Clint Eastwood badass type of plant. These plants just get the fucking job done without whining about it. A real plant's plant. Or it can decide to be a sniveling little turd of a plant. A real waste of soil. They're like the Lindsay Lohans of the garden world. They get addicted to fertilizer and have to be coddled to do anything. There may be potential deep down inside these plants but for the most part they're a huge waste of time.

The tomatoes are looking like studs. If these were 80's tomatoes, they'd own a Trans Am and be slamming out Bon Jovi tunes from the garden. I'm pretty confident I'll have tomatoes to spare here in a month or so. At least it seems like I should. You know how that goes....




The peppers are hit and miss. They've been the victims of several attacks by this guy.


Yes, I still freaking hate caterpillars. They haven't really been so bad since I started using the Thuricide, although they did knock over one of my tomatillos the other day. Assholes.



There's been a few new additions since the last garden update. 8 ball zucchini hybrid, watermelon, cantaloupe, okra, and beans have all sprouted. Still waiting on cucumbers. They need to get with the freaking program.





Oh and the first flower of the season is courtesy of one of the tomatillos plants. 



9 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have favorable weather to grow this early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking awesome! I can't wait 'til I can start doing my own thing in the yard. I still have to build my beds and prepare them for Fall planting. You're giving me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you get started and the addiction sets in you're screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More, more, more... tell us more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up this is hilarious and quite interesting/informative. Also I want your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're hilarious! thank you so much for cheering me up! You make it clear that we can be bad ass and garden....yeah I said we

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMG in NC! Glad to find this blog, and kindred spirit. How are those peppers doing ...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend sent me a link to your blog and told me it was hysterical. I've LOL'ed through every entry. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete