Sunday, April 22, 2012

Breaking Wind

Yesterday there was quite the weather event. A big storm rolled in as part of a cold front. I had a surprise skydiving trip planned for my wife's birthday (which went well) and I was worried about the weather screwing that up. Luckily it held off long enough for her to have a safe jump but we didn't even make it home before the bottom fell out. I never thought about the garden as one of those all day nasty thunderstorms set in, followed by high winds. While we were enjoying ourselves, stuffing our face with bang bang shrimp at Bonefish and shopping at the mall, the garden was getting its ass kicked. I woke up this morning to go do some garden gandering and I walked up on the carnage.







Several pepper plants, a few tomatillos, and a few tomatoes were bent over at the base. They laid down like Columbian hookers at the White House. And so my wife and I had to tie these suckers up to some stakes. Hopefully no real damage was done.

Other than the little wind snafu, things are going pretty well. Squash plants are coming along and tomatoes are starting to set everywhere.








Tomatillos are flowering like weeds and most of them are setting. They look pretty cool with their husks. Tomatillos are definitely fashion forward. Yet they're Mexican. Quite the combo.


"That husk really brings out the color in your flowers, Holmes."



No comments:

Post a Comment