Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garden visitors, peppers, and pugs

You never know who you're going to find in the garden. It's kind of like going to Walmart - 90% of the wildlife isn't exactly the kind of fauna you'd prefer to see touching the stuff you're gonna eat (or even passing in front of your field of vision/smell). Then every now and then you run into one of your friends. Like this guy:


Yep, that toad eats the sumbitches I hate. Like caterpillars. And slugs. Getting eaten by a toad is probably one of the least glorious ways you could die, but you know what? Fuck those guys. That's what they get for eating on my plants.

I also finally started finding lady bugs. My winter garden had an ass load of lady bugs in it. Since planting the spring garden, I haven't seen any until just recently.



Well hello there, ladies. I'm hoping they get to work on some of the aphids that have taken over the bean plants. My wife is going full hippie and will not allow me to break out sevin dust or any chemical pesticides, so the aphids are having a damn field day. I think I'm going to tell the lady bugs that their boyfriends cheated on them with the aphids. God help em.

I also found another familiar visitor to the garden. Buck. Eating unripe blackberries as usual. I never said he was the brightest.



Peppers are coming! I'm super stoked about this. First peppers are here, courtesy of the orange sicle and carmen plants.




Bonus Pugs Muthafucka!!!!!

My wife made PUG POPS!! Don't even try to act like your wife has ever baked something this cool because she hasn't. My daughter's 2nd grade class is having fun Friday tomorrow and they'll be eating delectable pug shaped cake pops. Your kid's class will be eating skittles, sucka!


1 comment:

  1. Another great post. Your pictures are beautiful. It was good to see Buck again. Thanks..... you always make me laugh. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete